Monday, February 8, 2010

Break-Ups.


They're never easy,they cause pain && heartache, and I can imagine no one likes them. Sadly, I decided to write this blog about break-ups. They're a sad fact of life, but some good can come out of them. Whether it's finding someone new or learning something new about yourself after a break-up, you're sure to come out on top. Break-ups are tough to handle. Whether it's the ending of a 2 year relationship or a 2 month relationship, it still hurts.


I've had plenty of experience on dealing with break-ups. I've seen the good (if there is such thing as a good break-up), the bad, and the very ugly. It's never easy to give advice about break-ups because everyone deals with them differently. Whether it be grabbing a pint of Ben && Jerry's Chunky Monkey or sobbing your eyes out, try to find comfort. Focus on relaxing and trying to find a way to smile. Don't linger on the woulda, coulda, shoulda's, or what if's. They'll be sure to eat you alive. You're better off in the long run because everything happens for a reason and love will find a way.

In the fall of 2009, I had an ugly break-up with my ex-boyfriend. We'd been together for would have been two years on January 8th. It was really hard on me, but it had to be done. I had lived a certain way for so long that I forgot what life was like without him. Needless to say, I slowly recovered and started living life the way I wanted to without having to consult anyone else. It was different and I hated it for a long time, but I slowly got over it. No one is expected to totally recover from a break-up right after it happens. It takes time to heal. But just know that everything will be okay. You lived before that person, so you can live after them.

To help ease the pain, surround yourself around friends that will be sure to put a smile on your face. Get prettied up and go out and mingle with friends in public. Watch a movie that will be sure to make you giggle. Find something to put a smile on your face no matter what it might be. Everyone goes through break-ups, but it always works out in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment