Sunday, February 28, 2010

Expect the unexpected && live like there's no tomorrou

This past week has been kind of a eye opener. I don't want to sound cliche, but I've come to realize and appreciate life a lot more. This past week a guy I'd went to middle to high school with passed away on Tuesday, February 23, 2010. He was involved in a deadly car accident and was pronounced dead on impact. I had graduated with him and his mother was an English teacher at the high school we attended. We also had psychology together and sat at the same table at lunch. He was a great guy and student. He was on the swimming team and was an overall role model for students. His death has sent shock around the whole school and everyone that knew him.

His misfortune has made me think a lot of my life. Life is so precious and it's sad that it takes events like these for everyone to realize that. It has also made me think about appreciating everyone in my life that I love or care a lot about. I was on Facebook the day after he passed away and join a support group for his family and friends. I was reading all the sweet things and memories that people were sharing about him and I could not help but feel sad. I kept reading and one comment caught my eye. His brother wrote on the group's wall and he talked about how much he was going to miss him. He said that he wished that he was a better bigger brother and talked to him more. He talked about how much he loved and would miss him. I broke down after I read it.

I can't help but think about his family and friends. I can't imagine losing someone really close to me. I can imagine the pain is unbearable. This has just made me want to appreciate my family and friends a lot more. I have come to the conclusion that life is a precious gift that we should cherish also. My thoughts && prayers go out to his family && friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment