Monday, February 22, 2010

The Little Things

Today I was sitting in class and I was thinking about my relationships, not only with my boyfriend,but with my family and friends also. I was thinking about all the effort and stress put into some of those relationships and then I started thinking about all the little things that brought happiness out also out of those relationships. So here I am, writing a blog about taking joy in the little things. Sometimes it seems like some relationships in life can get bogged down with big expectations that some relationships will just never live up to. But taking pleasure and appreciating the little things in relationships can build any relationship into a strong relationship that will last in any circumstance.



For instance, my relationship with my boyfriend can sometimes get bogged down because we both start to expect a little too much from each other. There are times we forget all about the little things like simply talking to each other about each others' days or asking each other how we're doing that day. Instead we'd sit in silence watching TV and expected each other to know how we already felt or knew how each others' days we're going just by the look on our faces. That would just start petty arguments that could have been solved with just one question. We lost the simple communication between each other. It forced both of us to take a step back and rethink our relationship or we thought we'd have to break-up. I had finally realized to stop thinking he was some kind of mind reader and forced me to start enjoying the simple things like communication. So ladies, enjoy the little things like when your man opens the door for you or wants to talk to simply about his day. Gentlemen, remember that ladies sometimes think that you're Superman mind readers and you're not, but ask her how her day is going. You could also send each other a simple text saying, "Hey, I was just thinking about you and wanted to say hi." That will be sure to put a smile on your face.



Also, take pleasure in the simple things between family and friends. With friends, enjoy the simple time you spend with each other. Treasure the laughs you share and silly moments. Take to heart the sweet conversations with family members. Remember the funny moments that occur at the dinner table. Treasure all the little things. It makes life simple, eases stresses, and will be sure to put a smile on your face, maybe even get a little giggle out of you.


1 comment: